Tax and pensions

How and when should I register for taxes and employee pensions, and what filings do I need to make?

Once you start trading in the UK whether via a limited company, partnership or sole trader, you will need to register with HMRC and file taxes on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis. These are activities you can do yourself, or can employ the services of an accountant on your behalf.

Key:   paid for service     registration required     official